Segala Sesuatu Yang ada Tidak ada Yang sia-sia,jadilah Inspirasi buat orang-orang disekitarmu.

Monday 5 November 2012

That looks a little fiddly! Musician gives up his cello to make the smallest violins in the world... and they're yours for £1,000

By ALEX WARD

World's smallest: Miniaturist David Edwards has created a violin just an inch-and-a-half long, one 12th their normal size A musician has created the world’s smallest violin, standing just an inch-and-a-half long, and is selling them for more than £1,000. David Edwards, who once played cello in the Scottish National Orchestra, gave up his professional music career to make doll’s house miniatures when he realised there was a gap in the market. The miniaturist from Edinburgh has made his hobby a full-time career, creating hand-crafted pieces including mini everyday household items such as pegs small enough to fit through the eye of a needle, mini shaving brush and razor and kitchenware.
Mini me: Mr Edwards found that there was a gap in the market for miniature pieces and creates many household items including a thread bobbin (left) and a shaving brush and razor (right) The violins, based on the world-renowned Stradivarius, stand just one 12th of the normal size and can fetch a small fortune. Mr Edwards, 76, said: ‘I’m the best in the world by far and I’m very well known internationally. 'My pieces have the most detail for their size. ‘I’ve tried making them smaller but then they would look very bland. I like them to still be recognisable.’
Hobby full-time: Mr Edwards gave up a career as a professional musician to become a professional miniaturist ‘I make ordinary things but of a very high quality. ‘I know what a violin looks like, that’s why I have a big advantage over other people where making violins is concerned. ‘There’s no doubt my miniature violins are the best in the world.’ He began carving out his career in miniatures after making furniture for his daughter’s doll’s house. He was a professional musician playing with the Covent Garden Orchestra, the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, the Edinburgh Quartet and the Scottish National Orchestra before he decided to pursue his passion to become a miniaturist.
Happy passion: Mr Edwards (right) said making miniatures is his passion and feels lucky he made the career change even though he was playing as a cellist in the Scottish National Orchestra He said: ‘I enjoy my work, it’s my life. It’s my passion and I’ve been very lucky. ‘I’m quite happy working on my own because I can do exactly what I want. ‘It’s different to being in an orchestra where they run a very tight discipline even though as a musician you spend a lot of time working on your own.’ Mr Edwards has more than 100 different pieces in his collections and always keeps one piece from every batch he makes.
Carving out his career: Mr Edwards has made more than 100 different pieces and uses materials such as pear wood, plumwood and ebony source: dailymail

That looks a little fiddly! Musician gives up his cello to make the smallest violins in the world... and they're yours for £1,000 Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Bona Pasogit
Post a Comment
Terima kasih sudah berkomentar