Segala Sesuatu Yang ada Tidak ada Yang sia-sia,jadilah Inspirasi buat orang-orang disekitarmu.

Sunday 4 November 2012

I couldn't bear to live in the shadow of cancer again: Sharon Osbourne reveals she had double mastectomy as precaution after suffering colon disease

By ELEANOR HARDING

Shock: The famous TV moment when Sharon gave Jonathan Ross a hands on guide to her breast implants She has already fought off cancer once. So when Sharon Osbourne discovered she might be at risk of it again, she vowed not to take any chances. The former X-Factor judge has revealed she underwent a double mastectomy as a precaution against breast cancer – a decade after she won her fight against colon cancer. Mrs Osbourne, 60, said she took the decision to remove both her breasts after finding she carries a faulty gene which increases the chance of breast cancer.
Open: Sharon Osbourne has revealed she has undergone a double mastectomy after taking the agonising decision to opt for surgery as a precaution against further cancer Determined to watch her baby granddaughter, Pearl, growing up, she said the risk of the illness was too great for her not to have the operation. She said: ‘As soon as I found out I had the breast cancer gene, I thought: “The odds are not in my favour.” ‘I’ve had cancer before and I didn’t want to live under that cloud: I decided to just take everything off, and had a double mastectomy.’
Brave: Sharon Osbourne's honest interview is in this month's Hello! magazine The gruelling 13-hour operation, which can take between three to six weeks to recover from, was approved by her doctor after she made the discovery. Mrs Osbourne said genetic tests showed she had inherited a gene fault which increased the risk of breast cancer.
All change: Sharon Osbourne, left, pictured looking busty alongside husband Ozzy Osbourne and daughter Kelly Some people with these gene faults, who often have a strong family history of the disease, can have a 45 to 65 per cent chance of developing breast cancer before the age of 70. She added: ‘For me, it wasn’t a big decision, it was a no-brainer. I didn’t want to live the rest of my life with that shadow hanging over me. ‘I want to be around for a long time and be a grandmother to Pearl. I didn’t even think of my breasts in a nostalgic way, I just wanted to be able to live my life without that fear all the time.’ But despite the deeply invasive treatment and gruelling recovery time, the star said she did not feel sorry for herself. She added: ‘It’s not “pity me”, it’s a decision I made that’s got rid of this weight that I was carrying around.’ source: dailymail

I couldn't bear to live in the shadow of cancer again: Sharon Osbourne reveals she had double mastectomy as precaution after suffering colon disease Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Bona Pasogit
Post a Comment
Terima kasih sudah berkomentar